Welcome back to the Ground To Zero project. It’s been a while since last update and much has happened, so here’s a quick primer for those out of the loop:
- Jam #3, #4 and #5 happened, and they were good!
- Jam #5 was extra special because it was our first laid-back-unplugged-family-fun-day-BBQ jam session, just in time before Melbourne’s weather became penguin paradise.
- Many more awesome songs were conceived thanks to my talent …ed collaborators.
- I have a (digital) stack of photos, videos and demo recordings to sort through and edit. I’d like to get them online for you soon, but that all depends on my productivity.
- Speaking of productivity, I have been working on another project of mine these past few months: the rebirth of Nitidus under the new name “Shotgun Zero” (yes I realise the similarity, but it’s the only name that the three of us could agree on, and I’d much rather play gigs than argue band names).
- Shotgun Zero had their first gig at Musicland last week in support of Spark Iris (fronted by Ground To Zero regular Jake James). If you missed it, check out the Shotgun Zero website for full coverage.
- Oh, and between all that I’ve been working long hours at my day job so I can keep this project afloat and the internet bills paid. You’re welcome.
Enough of the retrospective, now let’s look towards an even brighter future:
- From today, we’re trying on a new website design by AskGraphics. I think it’s an improvement over the last one, but if you think you can do a better WordPress theme, drop us a comment below. Ground To Zero is all about supporting creativity so we’d love to get you guys involved in any way we can.
- Jam #6 happens real soon, which means another load of photos, video and demo tracks for me to sort through, yipee.
Later down the road we will take our ideas, form them into completed tracks and record them so you can have something to put on your iPod, won’t that be fun. More on that another day, but for now it’s back to day job. Make sure you’re subscribed so I don’t have to keep throwing rocks at your window to get your attention.